lichess.org
Donate

Search "user:BigData1969"

18 forum posts
General Chess Discussion - What is the best way to review opening repertoire that I've built in lichess studies?#3

Wow - this is awesome, especially now that I found the user manual at https://siderite.dev/blog/lichess-tools---user-manual/ . Thank you for the suggestion and thank you @totalnoob69 !

BigData1969
General Chess Discussion - What is the best way to review opening repertoire that I've built in lichess studies?#1

I have built my opening repertoire in lichess studies. For example, I have a study for the Nimzo Indian as Black, with different chapters for each major White setup against the Nimzo, with a number of…

BigData1969
Community Blog Discussions - The Art of Resilience: How to Defend Lost Chess Positions#6

I hadn't heard of the approach of setting mini challenges for yourself, but I realize I've used this approach. My main one has been to get my pieces as active as possible without trading anything off.…

BigData1969
Community Blog Discussions - Opening Courses: Are They Worth Buying ?#9

I've gone through the @GMNoelStruder Next Level Training course, and it is some of the best advice on how to get better at chess that I've ever seen - best $297 I've spent. If you look at all of your …

BigData1969
General Chess Discussion - Looking for players to play classical games, Scheduled#6

What time zone are you in? I'm in several groups that regularly play G/60 + 30s/move and G/75 + 30s/move, and I'm quite good at Alekhine's Defense as well.

BigData1969
General Chess Discussion - What chessable course(s) are you working through?#6

It is also very useful to explore which openings you might like, as most opening courses have short free versions that will go over a few main lines and explain some of the important overall themes of…

BigData1969
General Chess Discussion - Any Online Chess League for classical lovers?#32

I want to put in a strong recommendation for the HCC lichess.org/team/club-dechecs-de-hemmingford-chess-club - The organizer, @datasmith, regularly runs quad tournaments (6 rounds, where you play the …

BigData1969
[You can't access this team forum post]
Community Blog Discussions - Trophies !#3

I'd be up for Quads or Hexads. David, I really appreciate all of your work, and I have to remind you that you CAN beat me or @sourbaum in an open tournament. Here is proof: https://lichess.org/KjLgRfo…

BigData1969
Community Blog Discussions - Is classical chess slowly dying or being killed?#6

I believe asking the chess world to choose between online chess and classical chess is a false dichotomy: one is a venue, while the other is a time control. Slow chess is simply a higher level of ches…

BigData1969