lichess.org
Donate

Looking for 2000+ classical players for 120+60 or 180+60 games

@Marcin2 said in #30:
> I have recently tied an endgame with -5 disadvantage, so it is worth playing to the end.

Great, are you proud of yourself?! So I immediately can block you as I never wish to play against you.
@CheerUpChess-Youtube said in #28:
> Guys please stahp XD Omg
> This ain't no rival, this is more of a friend than an enemy.
After the trilogy bouts, Riddick Bowe and Evander Holyfield became friends.
In swimming, top dogs like Caeleb Dressel and Kyle Chammers show friendship despite their rivalry. In the past, we saw similar things between Ian Thorpe and Peter Van den Hoogenband.
But here, we are expecting a trilogy like Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder. But who knows, it could be like Riddick Bowe vs Andrew Golota or Mike Tyson vs Holyfield 2. :)
@TeenageDimwit said in #26:
> Pro tip - when that happens, keep on playing your best chess and try to save as many pawns as possible and then underpromote them all lol.

I take that back, I just played an 2300 classical player (Yogesh) and lost. So I might not even being able to draw haha. What is cool that I had a winning advantage in the opening. I didn't manage to find the right moves to save my queen correctly tho :D After he managed to pull up a bishop knight mate I was kinda shocked lol (Btw I would have resigned much earlier but wanted to know how strong 2300s are)

Can someone please ping me if cheerupchess and Teenagedimwit decide to play each other? I don’t wanna miss out
The more people want to grab popcorn, the less likely I will play. I hate pressure and stress. It's the reason why I quit OTB. Either we play a harmless friendly game one time when we feel like it or we don't. This ain't a movie for everyone to watch.
@Sheepbrain said in #36:
> @CheerUpChess-Youtube Don’t mean to dramatise this. I just enjoy watching high level chess...

Okay. But some others here do. I didn't even challenge him. Sometimes the dynamics on lichess get completely out of control lol. I would really like to first try if I can even reach the top 200 in classical before doing crazy challenges. I'm good in rapid, not that good in classical yet.
@CheerUpChess-Youtube Yeah I get it.

I guess he has more to lose than you though if you guys do play rated classical and I just had a look at your last classical game. You are obviously more than capable to beat 2300s. You just need to be patient when you get a winning position.
@CheerUpChess-Youtube said in #31:
> Great, are you proud of yourself?! So I immediately can block you as I never wish to play against you.
In your opinion I should not defend that endgame (and gain a draw) but give up the game, because it would
be "more elegant", right? Every player has the right to play to the end of every game. If someone can not
keep it, that is his problem. By the way, in #33 you have shown your endgame K vs K+B+N which you also
continued in lost position.
@CheerUpChess-Youtube said in #35:
> The more people want to grab popcorn, the less likely I will play. I hate pressure and stress. It's the reason why I quit OTB. Either we play a harmless friendly game one time when we feel like it or we don't. This ain't a movie for everyone to watch.

Whether or not you want people to watch is irrelevant. If you play @TeenageDimwit, even unrated, it will probably be on Classical Lichess TV and there will be 20+ random people watching. Also, if I hear about an arrangement to play, I will probably create a forum just to publicise it...seeing as the punters clearly have an appetite for it ;)

And, yes he is very friendly but certainly not harmless. We are good mates but he has no qualms about destroying me when we play, actually, I think he quite enjoys it, as we all do when we get the chance to butcher our opponent!

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.